3.27.2012

Clean

Finally, everything is in place here in my room in Durham. I'm typing this on my clean install of Arch Linux, on my clean desk (laptop, tea, mug, water boiler, pen, lamp, and copy of SICP), in my orderly room, in a clean house, on a quiet street amidst pristine night-time white noise.

I've been working on a web adaptation of the Virginia Tech Honors "Course of Study Planner," or "cosp." It's functional and I've been using it to figure out what courses I need to request, but right now there's no way to save your changes. I'd love any suggestions you have, but first take a look at this README for a list of the things I'm already planning to add.

I finished the hat mentioned in the last post, but it turned out badly because of the issues I mentioned, and because I overestimated the size of my head. If you know anyone with terrible taste and a big head (who goes to Virginia Tech), let me know! (What's that? Why yes, I guess that is a pretty good description of myself, isn't it? :)

You may have heard of Twitter's recent acquisition of Posterous, which seems to have spelled doom for this incarnation of my blog (Twitter's acquisitions have historically been talent-seeking). I've started setting up a self-hosted blog, over which I'll have more control, but I'm stuck here for now.

On yet another unrelated note, it's getting too hot to wear sweaters and I don't have anything work-appropriate that's cooler. Anyone in the area want to go shopping with whatever is the taste-opposite of a metrosexual?

Posted via email from Ben Weinstein-Raun

No comments:

Post a Comment